The Pearson Teaching Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding work of exceptional teachers across the UK. Finalists are selected by a panel of judges for a Silver Teaching Award, which are announced on ‘Thank a Teacher’ day each year. All Silver Award winners are then considered for a Gold Award. These are announced at the glittering Pearson Teaching Awards UK Ceremony, which will take place in London in October 2018 and will be filmed and broadcast on BBC2. Entries can be submitted by schools or colleges in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
If you are a member of the senior management team of a school or college team, or a stakeholder working closely with educational establishments and feel you can confidently complete an entry form against the set criteria, you may submit an entry as detailed below.
Máire Thompson, principal of Malone College in Belfast, Gold winner of Headteacher of the Year in a Secondary School 2017 said:
“The Teaching Awards experience was a wonderful opportunity for our whole school community. I felt privileged to receive the gold award and it will definitely encourage me to continue on my learning journey, as I continue to strive to make a difference to the lives of young people”.
Please note the Pearson Teaching Awards operates the following policies:
• A person may only be entered into one category in any given awards year
• Previous Teaching Award winners cannot be entered for further Pearson Teaching Awards
• If the nominee will be retiring before April 2018 then sadly they are not eligible to be entered for a Teaching Award.
Select a Teaching Awards category from the list below in the format you prefer to download an Entry Form. Once you have decided the category in which to submit the entry for your nominee(s), download and save the relevant Entry Form.
Complete the Entry Form in Microsoft Word or in Google Docs, and email to email@example.com. They will email to confirm receipt and if you haven’t received this within 5 days please do get in touch.
Please ensure you read through the eligibility, criteria and questions on the entry form carefully before submitting your entry.
You may enter as many colleagues or teams as you wish.
Every nominee will also receive a thank you card and be given access to the opening statement of your entry. All other information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Entries must be received by Friday 16th March 2018 at 5pm.
2018 categories are:
• The Award for Excellence in Special Needs Teaching
• The Award for Headteacher of the Year in a Primary School
• The Award for Headteacher of the Year in a Secondary School
• The award for Lifetime Achievement
• The Award for Outstanding New Teacher of the Year
• The Award for Teacher of the Year in a Primary School
• The Award for Teacher of the Year in a Secondary School
• The Award for Teaching Assistant of the Year
• The Award for the Outstanding Use of Technology in Education, supported by Google
Click here to download the entry forms.
Latest News HeadlinesLet’s Talk about Education Event
Paddy McIntyre OBE
Integrate My School at the Belfast Mela
Let’s Talk about Education
UK Ambassador to Ireland honours Baroness Blood at integrated education event
Liam Neeson hails May Blood as one of his heroes
Inspiration and integration to the fore in the Carson Prizes
NI Children’s Commissioner calls for education reform
Teacher workforce statistics and teacher vacancies, sickness absence and substitution statistics published
Vision for the future of education launched at Stormont